If you are after the SMOOTHEST, RICHEST, PUREST, FASTEST and SAFEST coffee then you can’t over look the Aerobie AeroPress…
Whether you like it hot or cold the AeroPress is a serious piece of brewing equipment that shouldn’t be overlooked. Anything from espresso style to filter/plunger and cold brew style flavours.
The beauty of this little device is its flexibility, robustness and its ability to take anywhere…particularly if your travelling. There is no longer an excuse for poor coffee. You simply make your own.
AeroPress coffee tastes better because the ground coffee is totally immersed in the hot water, resulting in fast and extensive extraction of the flavour compounds.
The AeroPress method shortens brew time to 20 seconds or less, which avoids the unpleasant bitterness created by slower methods.
As well, the acid level of AeroPress brew is much less than conventional methods, due to the shorter brew time. In fact, laboratory testing measured AeroPress coffee as having under one fifth of the acid generated by regular drip coffee makers.
The end result? Coffee lovers are delighted by the fact that AeroPress brew is more friendly to their stomachs.
Using the ideal water temperature and gentle air pressure brewing yields rich flavor with lower acidity and without bitterness.
Total immersion brewing results in uniform extraction of the ultimate in full coffee flavor.
Micro filtered for grit free coffee – unlike other press-type coffee makers.
One minute from start to enjoy. The actual press time takes only 20 seconds.
The AeroPress is made completely from translucent copolyester, and contains no BPA or pthlalates.
What do you get in your AeroPress Pack?
Cirelli Coffee is now stocking anything from the Complete AeroPress Pack to filters and replacement parts.
If you’re after a complete pack you will receive everything you need to make your first batch of coffee:
- Funnel for Grounds
- Batch of Micro Filters
Top 3 2014 AeroPress Championships
1st place : Shuichi Sasaki
16.5g coffee, 78℃, 250cc soft mineral water, EK43 grind at 9.5
- Rinse normal paper filter, in standard position.
- 40g of blooming water for 25 seconds, stir 5 times.
- Add 210g of water, stir once.
- Press very slowly for 75 seconds.
- Leave 45g.
2nd place : Martin Karabinos
18.5g coffee, 92℃, 215g water, EK43 grind at 6.2
- Aeropress in regular position
- 80g of water at 35C for 3 minutes, stir well and close aeropress.
- 135g of water at 92C, stir once and push slowly for 30 seconds.
3rd place : Jeff Verellen
17.5g coffee, 82℃/76℃, 270g spa blue, soft 33 dry rest mineral water, ph 6.6, EK43 grind 8
- Picking: unripes, too big, too small, ears.
- Sieving: using sowden softbrew filter, banging and shaking it to get rid if the superfines. You can also lose some of the chaff this way.
- 30 second soft bloom, at 82c, wet all the grounds nice and even, shake lightly around if not arounds 40gr water.
- 1 minute extremely slow pour, 230gr water, at 76c 30 second soft plunge.
- Extra Rimini beach version: plunge in a superchilled container, on ice if possible.
- Leave enough slurry in the aeropress, about 50gr.
Jeff added that he preferred bolder coffee and that with this coffee he originally had his recipe at 86 bloom/ 82 pour. We calculated with the weather, humidity and bean temp before grinding that shaving 5c degrees would correct the extraction.